ACBC: What We Believe
The Bible is:
1. The Word of God - When the Bible speaks, God speaks.
2. Personal - It is both from God and for us.
3. Authoritative - To obey the Bible is to obey God himself.
4. Trustworthy - Every single word of the Bible can be fully trusted as good and true.
5. Essential - It carries both daily relevance and eternal impact for our lives.
1. Monotheistic - He is the one and only God. There is none other
2. Perfection - God is fully worthy of all possible love, worship and obedience.
3. Sovereign & Good - God is involved in his creation.
4. Just Judge & Loving Savior - God is a Redeemer of his people.
5. A Trinity - Eternally exists in 3 persons: The Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
1. Uniquely Created - God created all people, men and women, in his own image.
2. Valuable - All possess priceless worth regardless of race, gender or social status.
3. Lost - Though God’s precious creation, people rejected God in attitude and action
4. Sinful - Without exception all people are now sinful by birth and choice.
5. Broken - Sin resulted in lives daily damaged and eternally separated from God.
The Gospel is:
1. Necessary - Apart from God’s mercy, all deserve just punishment for our rebellion.
2. Good News - Jesus lived a sinless life but died a sinner’s death in our place.
3. Non-Negotiable - Through Jesus alone are we saved.
4. Beautiful - God’s wrath was satisfied. Our sins are forgiven.
5. Transforming - Sinners are restored to worship, love and obey their Creator.
Link to Southern Baptist Convention: http://www.sbc.net/aboutus/